Consort owns and operates a fleet of geared, multipurpose vessels and specialises in providing reliable scheduled liner shipping services.
Consort is proud to offer the most extensive shipping network in Papua New Guinea, connecting 15 ports in Papua New Guinea and provide frequent service with more capacity than any other coastal operator in Papua New Guinea.
Consort Express Lines can carry a range of cargoes including containerised, general cargo, break bulk, unitised Dry & Refrigerated container equipment and project cargoes. Consort Express Lines’ customer base is diverse from manufacturers and wholesalers to the resources sector, reflecting the mix of cargoes that can be carried on the geared, multipurpose ships in the fleet.
Consort Express Lines has invested long term with strong supporting infrastructure and local knowledge providing an advantage to our customers in a challenging operating environment.
In addition to liner shipping services, Consort Express Lines provides a host of other complimentary shipping services in Papua New Guinea including:
- door to door service (inc. transport)
- cargo consolidation and de-consolidation (inc. LCL and FAK cargoes)
- container depot services (including storage, washbay and container repair facilities) in Lae
- project logistics within Papua New Guinea inc. supply bases for the resource sector (inc. laydown, warehousing and machinery), on application
- charters or inducements, on application
Consort Express Lines takes safety seriously and is committed to upholding international safety standards on board the ships in the fleet as well as providing regular training to sea staff:
- All Seafarers (PNG National and International) have accredited qualifications as per the International Maritime Organisation approved STCW95 (Standard of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping).
- All ships have P+I insurance
- All ships have Hull and Machinery insurance.
- All ships are in Class with IACS (International Association of Class Societies) Class Societies. All ships in the fleets are classed to trade internationally.
- All ships are International Safety Management (ISM) accredited by Lloyds.
We are committed to delivering consistent and reliable services to our customers that meet their needs in a challenging environment.